Saturday, September 10, 2016

Sharing from 'Landscape Crossing' Retreat 2014




Each symbol tells a story in one's life, of shadow or anguish, of light or hope.

We offered them up to God as our prayers.


I decided to share this craft-work given to me by a ovarian cancer survivor who has gone through multiple storms in life.

The green olive plant symbolise peace while the fruits (olives) symbolise joy and love. She created this craft-work to express her wish to bring peace, joy and love to everyone around her.

I was impressed by her saying, 'I am grateful for all the blessings that were given to me and for the many experiences that I have gone through in life. My house is in place. I am ready to go now.'

In her, I see a peaceful and humble spirit who has been holding on to strong faith amidst all storms and a soul who brings hope, love and joy to everyone.


- 8th November 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment